ITunes -Itunes is unable to browse album covers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cola6598

iTunes was working great. I could browse album covers - no problem.

I decided to ad a new hard-drive for all the music - moved My Documents to F: (from c: ) and ever since then I cannot browse artwork.

Many people get this error and there are many causes but none seem to work for me.
Eg.
Hardware acceleration is full.
Ditect x is updated.
Video drivers updated.
Resolution is 1024 x 768 - 32 bpp.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

Colleen

I'm a little unclear on what your problem is. Do you mean you no longer have album art? Or you are unable to get any for new albums through iTunes? What happens if you right click on the album in Cover Art view and tell it to get album artwork?

Are you signed into your iTunes store account? I realized a week or 2 ago when I couldn't get Album Art that I had to sign in for some reason.

The artwork is stored in a folder in My Music (assuming Windows XP) > iTunes > Album Artwork. If you moved this folder to the new hard drive then try moving it back to your C: drive. If it is still on your C: drive then move it to the F: one.

Daveskater said:
The artwork is stored in a folder in My Music (assuming Windows XP) > iTunes > Album Artwork. If you moved this folder to the new hard drive then try moving it back to your C: drive. If it is still on your C: drive then move it to the F: one.

Darn - you had my hopes up - but unfortunatley the folder artwork is on F: - and yes we are talking XP.

Thx!\

Copy (not cut) the artwork folder to your C: drive, to My Documents\My Music\iTunes\ and see if the pictures come back. Chances are it still associates the pictures with being on the C: drive in that location which is why they don't come up any more.

Do this whilst iTunes is closed and then open it again after you've copied the folder.

Good idea - but it didn't work. He has iTunes 7 and so i am thinking of downloading 7.5.
Do you think it is worth trying this?

It certainly wouldn't hurt :)

After installing, go into the preferences and the Advanced tab and change the iTunes Music Folder Location to the location of the folder on the new drive.

No luck with reinstalling if on F: - darn.

I do have a question.

If I run DXDIAG and go to display it says:
Direct X Features - not available
Direct 3d accelerator - not available
AGP texture acceleration - not avaialble

These are grayed out and cannot be changed.

Any thoughts?

That's a bit strange but shouldn't affect this problem. What version of DirectX does it say that you have? You could try reinstalling it, either that or your graphics card doesn't support these features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back