iTunes/QuickTime Player problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

almac46

I regrettably uninstalled these programs a month ago (after upgrading to the latest version) and I've tried to re-install them but QuickTime advises that a newer version is installed and closes, whilst itunes 'encounters a problem' and also closes. I suppose that these progarms can't fully be removed from H/Drive so any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I run Win XP sp2.

Regards

almac

I regrettably uninstalled these programs a month ago (after upgrading to the latest version) and I've tried to re-install them but QuickTime advises that a newer version is installed and closes, whilst itunes 'encounters a problem' and also closes. I suppose that these progarms can't fully be removed from H/Drive so any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I run Win XP sp2.

Regards

almac
are you by any chance trying to install itunes 7?

Quicktime Player/iTunes

apologies for being unable to visit forum. Yes, I am attempting to install iTunes version 7

Regards

almac46

try go back to itunes 6. Otherwise, i remember there is some sort of fix for it but i can't recall the link. Google something like iTunes 7 windows problem or similar.

N3051M, I'll try to locate iTunes6. i have a helluva headcold just now so I'll get back ASAP. Thanks again
Kind regards

almac46

iTunes/Quicktime Player problem

N3051M I installed version 6 from filehippo.com and it worked, the library is filling up as I type. Thanks a million mate, I'd never have thought of going back a version. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and to all at our forum

Advance Australia Fair

almac46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back