I've bought a domain but where do I create the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cragwin

The title says it all
i have recently bought a domain from 1&1.com and also bought a 4 page site but cancelled that because of the lack of things you can do with it so i have a domain but dont know how to make the site?
im new to websites and am sure everyone else on this site knows the solution apart from me.
cheers!

If I understand you correctly you need a
web host service.
Depending on what you want to do, etc. Sell/Store, Info site or just Sharing family photos.
hosting is a huge business with hunfreds of different service prices/options etc.
Even Microsoft will host your site.
Do a search,check magazine,blogs, read and Check thoroughly.
Make a list of exactly what you ant to do at your site, then go for it.

If you're willing to pay, then www.crystaltech.com is an excellent and affordable web host, with great 24/7 tech support, etc.

There are also tons of free web hosting services. Also, many ISPs offer free web hosting space with e-mail accounts.

One option for a quick way of creating a website is to use Wordpress blogging software. You can disable the registration and posting options, and use it to get a site up and running until you can learn how to use FrontPage or some of the other web-site software which tend to have steeper learning curves. There a hundreds of easy-to-install themes (colors/layouts) to choose from, and it allows you to add static (not part of the blog) pages. I wouldn't use it to create a site with more than 4-10 pages, but it's a fast, strong, relatively simple way to get a website up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back