I've lost my documents out of My computer :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moimit

well one day i was about to go into my "My Documents" folder and it was gone out of my computer. i've no idea on what to do please if anyone knows a quick fix i would be appreciative. :giddy:

Have you looked UNDER your computer? It might have fallen out. :p

Seriously though, did you log in under another username?
Did you install any new software?
Do a search on your computer for *.doc, the directory might just have disappeared form your desktop.

no but i was playing about with some new ram and it crashed halfway through booting and i got some strange error from my registry telling me it had replaced some corrupt thingy. i just did a system restore and i'm still unlucky. i also can't get into my "My network" properties :( which i really need to. it just makes the noise and doesn't do anything.

Take the harddisk out and put it in another PC as slave. Boot that other PC up, get some recover-utility like File Scavenger, and see if you can get those files back from the extra harddisk.
Do NOT install anything on the faulty PC, you might overwrite your DOCs.

i think once i get back from holidays in a week i'll ghost my backup over it again. lucky i backup monthly but i really don't want to be restoring data for weeks, thank you for your help anyway realblackstuff you're a bloody champion :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back