I've sold my soul...

MYOB

....To Apple Computers

I'm now the proud posesser of a 16 CD pressed set of Yellow Dog Linux, and the shipping receipt for a 12" iBook.

I feel dirty now...

Although as I won't be using OSX it won't be so bad.

MYOB said:
....To Apple Computers

I'm now the proud posesser of a 16 CD pressed set of Yellow Dog Linux, and the shipping receipt for a 12" iBook.

I feel dirty now...

Although as I won't be using OSX it won't be so bad.

You traitor lol

Regards Howard
:haha: :haha: :haha:

puke: Aww never in my life I hope I have to use one.... Did you know they force kids to use them in school?!? Hahaha, I'm kidding. My brother has an Apple Laptop and it's pretty nice.

Macs have got better during the last few years, I hate to admit that if I had enough money laying around I would get a G5 or something just as a test platform, but as you see that's way below in my list of priorities.

Wow - I just counted them - I have 6 Macs (5 that actually run) - though most of them are pretty old. Guess I really do like Macs.

Excluding the iBook, I've got 3, 2 of which work, only 1 of which is even close to usuable, and is still slow as muck

Its virtually the exact same age as my still working well Thinkpad that runs XP Pro at an OK level

Me arse the hardare lasts longer - its certainly not usuable when it gets old anyway...

It's a shame you couldn't wait a little while longer. I bought my wife a ibook to do her school grades on (yes stupid school makes teachers use macs for grades and everything else). But I hate the thing and can't wait to get rid of it. They are supposed to be switching to PC platforms soon, so I"m going to be looking to dump this thing somehow.

poertner_1274 said:
It's a shame you couldn't wait a little while longer. I bought my wife a ibook to do her school grades on (yes stupid school makes teachers use macs for grades and everything else). But I hate the thing and can't wait to get rid of it. They are supposed to be switching to PC platforms soon, so I"m going to be looking to dump this thing somehow.

I don't buy recent secondhand gear, and I couldn't use a US one - wrong keyboard, wrong plugs, wrong power - although Apple gear usually does 110-250V, the plug and keyboard would still be yankified

I buy computer gear second hand only if its not available anymore, and Apple are still there...

It finally arrived today. Its shiny and white, the OS is a bit too graphical for my liking, and I hate the trackpad and monobutton mouse - but my USB Labtec was picked up fine.

Posted from Firefox 1.0 on Panther.

:) Try safari. You can also do pretty much everything from a command line if you wish - but Macs are all about the gui. You will have more control from the command line though.

Safari and MacIE are nogos - I'm behind MS-ISA, which only IE, Firefox/Mozilla, Opera and Konqueror support - Safari and MacIE cannot log in right.

I nuked OSX, halfed its partition, reinstalled and then got YDL 4.0 on it. Took me till three AM

I'm now recompiling the kernel with the latest sleep mode patch - and hoping it works.

Back