J is for....

Status
Not open for further replies.
[1]What is the meaning of the letter "J" in Pentium 4 530j?

[2]Is it any better or worse than the normal P4 530?

Possible meanings.

"J" is for: Junk. as in this version is high priced junk compared to the original.

"J" is for: Jubilant. as in the feeling you will get after buying this processor.

"J" is for: Japanese as in You will need to speak/read it to understand how to use this *** backward processor.

"J" is for: Jimmy as in Jimmy the retard's "Speak and Spell" is run by this chip.

please let me know. I want to buy the parts by tomorrow and this is the last bit i need to know.

The "J" denote that the processor is enabling Execute Disable Bit functionality which was something that also has to do with windows xp sp2. In short it prevents certain classes of malicious "buffer overflow" attacks to windows, in a typical attack, a malicious worm creates a flood of code that overwhelms the processor, allowing the worm to propagate itself to the network, and other computers. Execute Disable Bit allows the processor to classify areas in memory by where application code can execute and where it cannot. When a malicious worm attempts to insert code in the buffer, the processor disables code execution, preventing damage or worm propagation. This is similar to what AMD has with the sempron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back