Joining movie files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave8603

Hi, I'm looking for a free software utility to join multiple video files in formats like .avi and .mpeg. I've searched a lot and I found a couple of free programs but they turned out to not really work that well. Does anyone have a specific program in mind? Also, one of the programs I tried needed me to specify an audio codec and I really didn't know what I was doing. I have 2 .mpeg files that I wanted to combine and I had no idea what codec to use. Thanks.

That's only possible if both files use the same codecs for audio and video.

I think VirtualDub can do it.

Well, yea I'm talking about two files of the same movie. I'll try VirtualDub, thanks.

VirtualDub looks more like an editing program for use with codecs and things like that. All I really want to do is take 2 files of the same movie (basically 1 movie that was split into more than 2 parts when I downloaded it) and put it together to 1 big movie file. Everything is the same about the files, just one file is the first half of the movie and the one file is the second half of the movie. I don't think I need to worry about codecs and things like that but I can't find a free program to join movies anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back