Jumping From A Short Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a summer of upgrading for me. I put in a new processor, P4P800, 512DDR Ram, a new Video Card, FX5600, and a new Sound Card, Audigy2. I have had some crazy problems with my sound card that make me want to consider going back to an etch-a-sketch. My video resolution is set at 1024x 768. After I installed the Sound Card, the installation went perfectly, but when I went to show the Audio Showcase, I had previously viewed it fine on my last card Radeon 8500, the screen went black, and I got an unsupported message on my screen. I wrote to CreativeLabs, and they instructed me to go into Safe Mode, remove all references to Creative or Soundblaster, reboot, and re-install. That seemed reasonable, but after loading 95% of the software, I got a message that said the PxlCore.pxl did not load and the software would not work properly. When I X'ed out of that, It said CTRegSvr.exe did not load. When I tried auto update on CreativeLabs site, it said some of the components had been corrupted. :eek: After 15 un and re installs, same result every time. I removed the Card and re-installed. No Difference. The significance is that I am missing pieces of the software that won't install and which I need to regulate the card. I would be thrilled at any ideas you might have.

stuff like that is why I gave up on creative labs sound cards and use turtle beach santa cruz cards instead.

stuff like that is why I gave up on creative labs sound cards and use turtle beach santa cruz cards instead.
Yeah, I know, they do have crazy lines of problems, I think I'm gonna give up on them one of these days.

Anyways, what OS are you using? I can help you if ur on 98, I know something that solves some errors.

Thanks Sargeant Major!!!!

Thanks very much for the offer. Unfortunately, my operating system is XP Home Edition. I have tried help on the startup menu, and system restoration back to a date before the corruption, but I don't have any restoration points before that time. I am hoping to come up with a solution so that when the time comes, and I go to 6.1 speakers, I can make the Sound Card work up to it's potential. So far, I am going hitless.

Thanks Again Everybody!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back