just a quick and simple virus query?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi I'm new here - from Melbourne, Australia. stumbled across this site it looks cool ... me and my broithger have got a virus we think, Malware possibly ... I've tried everything to get rid of it ... the symptomology is

(1) Task Bar down bottom RH corner always has these Virus Control pop-ups that come up every 10-20 mins - such as "Critical System Error" (blue quetion mark - flashing), also "Safely Remove Hardware" (Green tape with arrow symbol)

(2) Every time we open Internet exploerre the default home page comes uyp as http://theuptodatesafety.com/ even though the home page is set to about:blank

Tried everything to fix this stoo but won;t change anything.

What (in simple terms) can we do to remedy this?

Jonathan

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of kobebryant8 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

is there an easy way?

hi there is there an easier way to get rid of this than that? I am not a computer person at all - the first step you mentioned is hard enough to carry out. I don

how do i know whioch one of those to trust, the anti-virus sites, seeings as though I have got a virus from them in the first place?

is it best to take my computer to repair shop and they can try fix it??? I don;t want to download milliosn of files to make problem worse???

thanks

If you can`t or don`t want to follow the instructions, you could always reformat and reinstall from scratch. That would get rid of your virus/spyware problems.

The instructions I gave you really aren`t very hard to follow, if you take your time.

Is there any specific part of the instructions you`re having difficulty understanding?

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back