Just a quick note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
A quickie before I go to bed... here's a picture of my computer room, or the TechSpot office, whichever you want to call it... don't forget to upload any worth a look pics in our gallery.

Maybe someday you'll get around to fixing the image loading issue when a firewall (e.g. ZoneAlarm, Norton, etc.) is used. This is the only website I've noticed that suffers from this problem, and it is unreasonable to require users to disable their firewall in order to view gallery pics.

Here's a link to the original thread (dated Sep 2003) ...

Gallery suggestions and problems

Originally posted by Julio
... As for the firewall problem, I have explained before that the cause of this is most likely server side protection I have enabled so that pictures from the gallery can't be used or called from outside websites (stealing our bandwidth), perhaps we could do without this protection but we would be taking such risk, what do you guys believe I should do? ...

Why not allow viewing of the gallery to logged in users only. That should do the trick.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Hmm... I am using Zone Alarm and I have never had this...
Maybe you could tell us your firewall version and settings. I've used ZoneAlarm Pro since v2 and I am using the latest build now. No pics show up unless I disable my firewall. :confused:

Update: I can get it to work if I set the 'Cookie Control' to 'OFF' instead of 'MED'. :)

i wonder why the privacy settings (cookie control, ad blocking, mobile code) in Zonealarm Pro only work while using IE.

with cookie control set at medium in Zonealarm Pro, i get the problem you guys are mentioning in regards to the gallery.

however, if i use firefox, i can see the gallery but that probably means my privacy settings with Zonelalarm are not working. :confused:

I'm using MyIE2, with ZA Pro, and don't have any prolems with the pics. I've got cookies set to medium and ad blocking is on default, except animation is allowed, (unchecked).

Originally posted by BrownPaper
i wonder why the privacy settings (cookie control, ad blocking, mobile code) in Zonealarm Pro only work while using IE.
I am using Opera v7.50.

I'm using Sygat personal firewall pro, and right now, IE6. I have no problems with viewing pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back