Just a quick note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Our search box at the top of the screen has been updated to use Google Web Search, works like a charm, feel free to give it a try.

And while we are at it... I was thinking it may be time for a new giveaway, if you're feeling like sharing a thought or two, what kind of contest would you be interested in participating, and even more important, what kind of prize would get your complete attention? Post a comment and share your ideas.

I'd like to see a Ram Kit as one of the prizes. Like Corsairs 2x 512MB DDR PC 3200 with the blinky lights etc. You can never have too much RAM... even if you're good on your current computers, you're bound to make another one. An Athlon 64 51 or 53 proc would be uber nice aswell. Now that the new ATI cards have launched, you could throw a 9800XT in there aswell somewhere without too much trouble cost wise.

Damn that would be a hefty giveaway if the prize was a FX series CPU. Anything would be good. It seems most websites that I have been too seem to give away RAM kits like 2x256 or 2x515 PC3200 Coirsair XMS series sticks. You could stick with this trend.

As for what kind of contest I am not sure. It should be fair and should reply on posts so there are no spamming from noobs to this site.

It should only include members only with a certain amount of posts and the duration of the contest so the noobs can't post as fast as they can to win.

Thats just what I think. Does this sound fair?

Originally posted by Unregistered
Damn that would be a hefty giveaway if the prize was a FX series CPU. Anything would be good. It seems most websites that I have been too seem to give away RAM kits like 2x256 or 2x515 PC3200 Coirsair XMS series sticks. You could stick with this trend.

As for what kind of contest I am not sure. It should be fair and should reply on posts so there are no spamming from noobs to this site.

It should only include members only with a certain amount of posts and the duration of the contest so the noobs can't post as fast as they can to win.

Thats just what I think. Does this sound fair?

Damn I keep forgetting to logon when posting. Well the post above is what I am thinking.

Ya I agree with the post/activity thing.

I dunno about ram.. most people are already set on their ram.

A cpu, that'd be cool, but then you go gotta get a new mobo, and probably higher speed ram.

I think a videocard would be the perfect prize.

A hard drive would be another good prize I think, maybe like a runner up prize or something....

Haha listen to Strakian :D :D " A FX53, some $400 corsair blinky ram, a new X800, shouldnt be too costly" :)

Of course, any suggestions are going to be based upon people's upgrade path right now. ;)

Larger hard drives, faster video cards.. Faster CPUs...

I think just aobut anything would be good.

Of course, I don't know what the budget is, but one of those shiny x800's would sure be nice. :D

I'll go along with the x800, or how about a set of good Klipsch or Logitec speakers. If there is a second place, maybe an Audigy 2 ZS.

We already had graphics card as the 1st and 2nd prize in the last contest, something else would be nice this time. I vote for a 250+ GB S-ATA hard disk drive.

On second thought a mobo or hard drive would be a good choice. I haven't seen anyother website giveaway much of those these days.

For those of you asking what kind of budget we may get for our giveaway, I'd say enough to have a Radeon X800 as the first prize and then offer something else as second... how about an external SATA hard drive?

Damn a X800 sounds good but not sure about SATA as I do not have a mobo that supports it but still good for choices. But real anything will do. I guess we shouldn't be too picky.

Originally posted by ---agissi---

Haha listen to Strakian :D :D " A FX53, some $400 corsair blinky ram, a new X800, shouldnt be too costly" :)

For the record I was just referring to the ATI card as not being to costly, anbd second I said 9800XT, not X800... since the X800 came out mthe price of a 9800XT will prob drop considerably now. Doesn't mean a 9800XT blows by any means :)

Hehe, the 53 was just wishful thinking, but a 51 is probably fair game cost wise.

Just about anything would be nice, but I think that things like Storage solutions are more useful to people in general since it generally doesn't require them to build a whole new rig in order to use it, which a CPU or memory might require. Also, how about an mp3 player or one of those jukeboxes(the large capacity ones like the iPod and such)

It would be even simpler to offer a gift certificate for newegg.com for example : $300 1st prize, $150 2nd prize, $75 3rd prize, etc.

That way the winner can choose what it is he wants to get & not end up with a device that he might allready own ( imagine someone who allready has a X800 pro ;) ).

I say a 64 bit processor of some sort should be in there - if only an AMD64 then probably as a second place prize unless you get one of the really new ones. I think with the general theme of this site/forum a video card is almost a must. Any of the new generation of cards would make a great first place prize IMO. Not sure how well external storage would do for most people though - perhaps we could start another thread with people's opinions on the topic?

Definitely not a bad idea to offer 2-3 prizes with the option of redeeming the value in dollars for a gift certificate. Newegg.com will be our primary sponsor for the giveaway so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

How about you put all our ideas in a hat and pick them to see what will be chosen but don't forget since you said a X800 could be a prize that it wouldn't be up and I am sure everyone ould be very happy with this me included.

I was thinkin, gift certificates would be cool, but they seem a tad dull...

Could you do something like, 1st prize: X800 or $300
2nd: 160GB HD or $150

that sort of thing?

ya i think a gift certificate to newegg(if they have them) would be cool. they have alot of computer stuff for pretty low prices.

also you could get 3 prizes, then first place chooses his, second place chooses his, and third place gets the last one.

I agree with agissi that it shouldn't just be gift certificates, but either a prize or the gc.
(One of the reasons is that if it's a prize I don't have to pay import tax on it, but if it's a gc...... Thus I'd prefer to save that money)

I really like the idea about an X800 as one of the prizes though! Then maybe I could get one this summer even without a job :D ;)

An external harddrive might be cool, but aren't they very expensive compared to what you get? (Just thinking that maybe for the price of one external you could get 2 other prizes?) But I like the idea about a harddrive as a prize.

If the prizes were gift certificates I think a few people like me would be out as newegg.com only ships to the US and no international shipping.

I also think having a contest to decide what prizes for the contest is too excessive. It really wouldn't be a contest if you don't get anything. A simple poll could do for what the prizes will be but I do like it if a X800 or another vid card was a prize and I am sure no one wouldn't disagree. And if it was a poll then only members can vote which means only members should be able to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back