Just a quick note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
It has been a long time since I posted some site happenings here, now I've got a few things to share with you, good news actually.

Though our current host has always been generous and has worked well for almost two years now, it's time to move. We have got a special deal with a new ISP that will be announced soon, they will be sponsoring the bandwidth for the site, lowering our operation costs considerably. We are still setting up the new box and I expect to move pretty soon, but I'm no expert at this and since it's a new, dedicated box, everything has to be setup from ground up.
So... since our costs are now lower, I have decided to take down most of the pop-under inventory running, so you should see far less of those :grinthumb.

BTW, have you read the news lately? I'm proud to announce that Phantasm66, our beloved friend from TS Forums, recently joined our news staff and has been performing quite an amazing job while at it. He's known by most forum regulars and we are glad to have him aboard.

Last but not least... news comments, while I can't complain on its usage I would definitely love to see more comments action going on around here; I won't push it much for now but have some plans for promoting its usage (giveaway, anyone?), I will just wait until we move servers first.

That's about it for now, will keep you updated.

OK Julio, I'll be sure to comment on more frontpage posts. Like this one :grinthumb

Heh. You could keep the pop-ups as a means of getting more money, and just reccomend to everyone Panicware's anit-popup util.

Another contest would be a great idea, as the last one introduced alot more people to the forums, and we saw a huge spike in posting, more people coming here to post their hearts out trying to win, and more discovering this place by the contest to get their problems solved. Excellent.

I'd say the news comments system was the best vB hack yet.

I haven't posted many replies to the front page stuff, because I didn't know if it was right.... It was a new thing, and I wasn't sure exactly what was to be done with it, but from now on I don't have a problem throwing my 2cents around.

Definitely a new contest will be taking place very soon, just that we have a ton of stuff behind us, first priority is moving to the new server which is now up and running though needs to be set up (software) yet, The Planet (our new host) has been really helpful through the process.

Like I mentioned on my frontpage post, I have removed some pops, I'd say about 50% of them for now. We would love to have them removed completely however we are not just there yet.
Many other websites have been announcing they are closing doors or are very near of that point, all because of lack of funding, among those are Icrontic and Warp2Search; I can say we are still in good shape so nothing to worry about.

Perhaps we should get all the guys from Icrontic to come over here? If they fold, that is...

It would be a huge boost for our DC team, no doubt...

Not to mention if they need somewhere to hang and help others out, that would be cool.

Just wait until after the contest :) I want to have a shot this time, although I thought last time I faired very well.

Icrontic isn't completely down just yet, they turned it into a forum site. Now, if you ask me I'd say that site has no future considering their owner has said publicly he has lost interest and is just leaving the forum up.

Well I think it's great that techspot is doing great! It's great that there's gonna be a great giveaway! How Great that there's seven great 'great'!
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back