Just a quick note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Yesterday we got Slashdotted thanks to a small NVIDIA GeForceFX interview and pictures that Per posted in the forums, but then again I had to open my big mouth and say "the server is handling the load just fine", well, then I saw MySQL crash on the server in front of my eyes. After all we didn't just get posted by /. but a few other big sites such as IGN, Sharky and even some board at Sony's Playstation official website that took the load even further. Anyway today we found out the problem wasn't related to the extra load the server was taking but the log files eating up all available space in our disks, go figure.

We are glad to be up and running now and I wanted to take the chance to clarify some misunderstanding that was widespread by some sources.

If you can read some Swedish you will notice some of the information posted at NordicHardware is repeated in our interview, well the fact is that Per was in NVIDIA's booth at the same time NHW guys were in and talking to NVIDIA PRs also. Our friends posted the information a few days earlier than us which lead people believe we had copied the information when this was not the case, I have attached here some of the conversation that went on between TS and NHW clarifying the issue, no hard feeling at all, actually we must thank them for asking the majority of the questions during the meeting :D

Last but not least, I wanted to thank the tech support team at The Planet, our fine host who helped us getting around the issue.

Oh, and BTW, on a funnier note, imagine how it feels to wake up one morning and receive six thousand mails worth of vBulletin MySQL error notifications, still downloading as I post this...

Just to proof my point stronger :hotouch:

[center]
01-6kmails.gif
[/center]

lol I saw that it said it was sending you an e-mail about the issue when I got the page showing the sql problem, was wondering how many of them you were going to get.

:haha: That sucks, Julio! I was wondering how many he would get too. Surprised it's only 6000 though. I thought you would get alot more.

Originally posted by TS | Julio
Our friends posted the information a few days earlier than us which lead people believe we had copied the information when this was not the case, I have attached here some of the conversation that went on between TS and NHW clarifying the issue, no hard feeling at all, actually we must thank them for asking the majority of the questions during the meeting :D

Now if only we all spoke...Swedish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back