Just bought a Plextor burner. Do I have to use the software that comes with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyJoe

I already have CloneDVD2 software. The plextor has Nero on the installation disc. Can I just stick with clone? TIA

you dont have to install Nero if you dont want to but it is good general purpose burning software.

Thanks. I used the clonedvd software, but the image on the burned DVD was not as good as the original. Would burning at a slower speed help with this?

Highly doubtful, unless you burned it full size on a Dual Layer disk. To fit it one regular dvd-r or dvd+r most dvds of movies have to be compressed a bit to fit, hence a loss in quality.

to maintain image quality dont copy movies on a single layer disk unless you have at least 70-75% on the display bar(this means you are using only 25% compression.). with three hour movies this means going to a dual layer disk.

when I back up my disks I copy using the Movie only and not the bonus features. I also delete uneeded audio streams and subtitles. keeep just the Dolby AC 3\6 audio stream. the AC3\2 is directors commentaries. doing this I fond that most 1 1\2 to 2 hour movies can be copied with no comression whatsoever.

HolyJoe said:
Thanks. I used the clonedvd software, but the image on the burned DVD was not as good as the original. Would burning at a slower speed help with this?
Slower burning speeds will help reduce inconsistencies within the burn, and decrease the possibility of an error while burning.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back