Just bought some new hardware, installed it and... help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkWolf8592

Brand new member here seeking some help and advice... I just recently purchased some new hardware such as: new Motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU. I basically upgraded my entire system. My PC runs fine and I can play games no problem... for about 20-30 minutes before it freezes, crashes and/or displays a BSOD. The only game that I have run so far that has not had any problems is Rainbow Six: Vegas. What I'm trying to ask here is: Is it normal to have some problems like the ones listed above when you come into possession of a brand new GPU (HD 3870)? I have the latest drivers for my GPU and Mobo. I also have the latest BIOS/VBIOS flashes for each and I don't have any cards in my PCI slots that may be conflicting. Is this simply a software or driver issue? My temps on my GPU are idle(35-37c)/load (49-55C) and my CPU's temps are idle(23-28C)/load(30-40sC). My mobo (nForce 650i Ultra) is shipped with a bare SB and I fitted a small copper heatsink (from Vantec) right ontop of it in order to lower the temps there. There's a big black heatsink ontop of the NB (aluminum, I believe) and I can't see how that could be getting hot. My case is pretty well ventilated (usually leave the side off for better temps).
That out of the way, I can't see how my periodical crashing can be related to high temps. I'm still unsure whether it's to do with drivers or software issues... I got all this new hardware on my b-day (Jan 3rd) and I haven't been able to rightly use any of it yet, which is very disappointing. Usually, the BSODs I get list files such as "ati3duag.dll", I know that's part of the ATI drivers, but that isn't the only BSOD I've been getting. I've also been receiving BSODs that say, "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I think that that may point to defective hardware? No. My hardware isn't defective if it can play R6:Vegas for as long as I want it to without crashing or freezing at all.

As of now, I'm mostly thinking it's drivers, but I'm not completely sure (and wouldn't know how to fix that anyways). Can any of you guys help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back