Just Built My First Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapzkilla

Hi guys. Tell me what you think of my first hand made pc. lol well it all cost me $600. It is meant to play pc games and also for music. i record and i also play video games.. I also watch movies liek crazy ...

2GB DDR2 RAM
160GB Prim HARD DISK (Win Xp PRo SP 2)
80GB Secondary Hard Disk (Windows Vista)
AMD ANTHLON DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 2.79 GHX (5600)
GEFORCE 7800 256MB DDR2 GRAPHICS CARD
MSI motherboard with built in ATI RADEON 128MB RAM Video
CD/DVD/DVD+/CD+ With Lightscribe Tech
400 WATS ATX Multi
2 Main Fans
1 Cpu Fan and of course the power supply

Thanks in advance. If you have any suggestions of hardware i can add on it. please do..

if you have the cash as well as the space, i'd suggest adding another 2 gigs of RAM, and maybe a better psu. athlon dual core processors tend to have higher energy consumption than their intel comrades. i saw that the average consumption is AT LEAST like...75-125 watts for the dual cores.

not to mention, nvidia cards tend to suck up power a lot too. the 8800 gts 640 mb ALONE requres a minimum of 400 watts.

and if your machine ends up being underpowered, you'll start having problems and not know why.

aside from that, it looks like a very solid machine. how much did you pay for all that? and where didja get it? i'm thinking of getting a new comp myself.

Of course, with your Nvidia 7800 you won't need the integrated graphics on the motherboard. If you don't plan to run extra monitors from it, I recommend disabling it in the BIOS because it uses some system RAM unnecessarily. Speaking of monitors, what one are you using?

Also, what brand and model of power supply are you using? The reason I ask is I would discourage you from using an unknown cheap brand PSU that might have come with your case. They are notorious for early failures and when they fail they could damage some of your other components.

link590o " I got all this stuff from frys electronics. Frys.com . Good point about the PSU upgrade but i have a dynex psu, so i shoudl be fine. However am not taking chances, so i might order the recommended psu from timeparadox and call return the dynex... I have a regular pc monitor from Hp , and its about 15 inches or so . I have my computer connected to my tv, so when i play video games, i switch to my tv screen....

I've always thought of Dynex as a Best Buy house brand but in any case it would not be my first choice for a power supply. It's good that you plan to get a better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back