Just finished Call of Duty 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

And I can quite easily say it was the best video game of any sort I have EVER played.

Better than any of the Half Lifes (lives?), better than Alpha Centauri, better than Deus Ex, better than any of the Neverwinter Nights games, any of the Dungeon Sieges, any of the Halos, BETTER than SW: Knights of the Old Republic I and II. And that is high praise.

It is almost without fault. I actually can't think of anything in it right now that consistently bothered me throughout the game. Even the slomo sequences where you don't have complete control over your character that would annoy the piss out of me in any other game were just brilliant.

The ending. The ending was the best part of the entire goddamn game. You know the **** is gonna hit the fan when the only objective is to survive. And it delivers. In spades.

One of the first games I've played in a very long while that I've wanted to replay.

So, if you haven't yet played it, go out and buy it. If you've downloaded it, go out and buy it. This game is such an utter masterpiece that it's an insult to the developers not to, and this is coming from someone who has downloaded 99 out of the last 100 games he's played on the PC.

And as a bit of cherry on top for your cake... the game runs perfectly and looks absolutely stunning visually on my PC, which is barely above the $800 low-end recommendation you see in the back of PC Gamer.

I agree. I have had the game since the day it came out on 360 and i have not gone a day without playing it. Campaign mode is amazing and the xbox live mode is even better i think. It is a must buy game for any first person shooter fan

I'm glad you liked it, but better than HL2 or Bioshock... no way IMO.
War games have never been my cup of tea though so I'm biased although the demo was impressive!

pcnthuziast said:
I'm glad you liked it, but better than HL2 or Bioshock... no way IMO.
War games have never been my cup of tea though so I'm biased although the demo was impressive!

I'm biased as well. I've always been a bigger fan of war games, and less of sci-fi, although I love the Halo series, maybe because it's a mix of the two.

I've just never been more involved in a game and had more fun playing it than COD4.

Yea i have had COD4 about 2-3 weeks now..stil have not beaten it or GRAW 2..I love war games. Star wars Sci-fi has gotten 2 b boring 2 me.

LOTR type with its twist of sci-fi is my type

I'm not a big fan of the Ghost Recon series. Too realistic for me.

A game for me can either be realistic or fun... Call of Duty 4 was more fun than realistic, Crysis is more realistic than fun (but I'm still playing it), and the Ghost Recon series are just 100% realistic.

I agree, COD4 is arguably one of the best FPS's I've played. I thought it was way too short compared to the previous COD games, but this one really takes the cake.

a lot of games tend to be or tend to seem kinda short if you sit and play through the whole thing non-stop in 9 hours.

call of duty 2 only felt short to me because i did the aforementioned. i'm fairly sure that if i took breaks and split the campaign apart despite how tempting it is to play, it would feel much longer than it actually is. and the same would go for COD4.

in that sense, i guess the cod games are the kinds of games we have to savor and enjoy. like taffy.

"and i'm a man who enjoys his taffy."~mayor west, family guy

The game is without doubt one of the best and most fun ever but it's not better than half life and bioshock.
I finished the single player yesterday and I had a lot of fun playing the game. I couldn't stop thinking about the game after I finished the game. It's so so so fun and each and every level in the game is so different and it's just lots of fun to play. What an amazing game. I really thank the developers for making this awesome game. The sniper level "One shot, One kill" is the best level ever in the gaming history. The graphics and everything about the game is perfect.

If you are still thinking about buying this game and not sure to buy it or no, don't think. Just go and buy this game. you will not be disappointed. The single player is short but the most fun ever. Get it for PC if you have decent pc rather than console. It's best played on pc with mouse and keyboard.

The sniper level was the best IMO too, I've always wondered what it would be like to actually be out in the field and wear a ghillie suit and stalk someone. I guess this is just one step closer to the real thing.

Damn just spoil the fun like telling me the best part of a awesome movie lol..Ima never beat it becuz i finaly got my Eilte lolz :D

K, played the demo some more. Maybe I just suck, but I played it on next to hardest, and it took me probably 20-30 tries before I got out of that part where you have to keep the enemy from overrunning your tank.

Plus nothing reacts to bullets like it does in Crysis. Crysis you shoot a barrel and it spews oil, or you bump into it and it moves. You shoot one in CoD4 and it sparks and maybe gets a bullet mark on it, you run into it and it stays put, it doesn't react like it would in real life at all. CoD4 you get shot a couple of times and you are dead, now while that is fantastic for realism, it doesn't do much for a video game where there are 400 bullets in the air at once, all it does is make you restart a bunch of times.

I don't know, perhaps I'm looking at this all wrong. But after some practice I'm pretty f'ing good at Crysis on Delta, and pretty f'ing piss poor at CoD4 on next to hardest. There shoudln't be that much of a discrepancy.

Iv recently finished it on reguler never have been very good at the other COD games but it is so much fun. exspecily the fact that the enemy is russia and middle east people but it kinda resmbles the war going on now which makes it awsome.

I have had the game since the day it came out & I have to say the demo doesn't even do the game justice. You get sucked into the war story and when your not playing it, your planning the next assualt until you can return and play it through,I have completed Hardened and thot I was no sack O spuds,then I recently tried the multiplayer and that made a whole new game out of it. Oh yea & made a major nooobee out of me all over again. awesome kudos to the producers of such an incredible adventure. Absolutely great graphics, maps, variety and storyline.

Gonna have to agree with some of the other users... COD4 was good, in fact I loved it, but it's nowhere near HL2, BioShock, or Crysis as far as fun factor goes. Sure, that Chernobyl sniper level was pretty incredible but at the end of the day I'd much rather be fighting off hordes of zombies in the streets of Ravenholm or using my modded shotgun to take out spliced up morons at the bottom of the ocean. COD4 is a great game to test out your "tactical" strategy but if you,re a run-and-gun kind of gamer, like me, it will probably get old... which it did. The game is played, time for Far Cry 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back