Just had to format because of viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby123

My pc just wouldn't load and I had to wipe it in the end. I have reinstalled now and need a few bits of advice.

When I choose shift and number 2 I get @ rather than two marks. How do I rectify this. Also I have no audio

Click start/control panel/Regional and Languages options. Click the languages tab, then click the details button. Change your keyboard to English united kingdom. Click apply/ok etc and reboot your system.

As for your audio problem, you will need to install the sound drivers for your onboard sound chip or soundcard.

Regards Howard :)

It says activate windows so I tried to and entered the product key on my pc. Now when I entered the product key windows xp set up fine but now all of a sudden its saying its incorrect?!!!!!

Call the 1-800 number your given for phone activation.. you may have to do this a couple of times, sometimes you'll get sent to someone in india who can't speak english well enough to fix your problem.

The last time this happened, the guy on the activation line told me i'd activated this cd key too many times (!!) and that it was now blacklisted.. after some more talking he gave me a new product key which i successfully activated with.

If you are using a none genuine copy of Windows, we can`t help you.

The best thing to do would be to buy a legit copy of Windows.

Techspot does not condone piracy.

Regarsd Howard :)

well I have installed combofix and pop ups have stopped so what u tink?

guys When i am on the internet and scroll, it doesnt go smoohtly, its almost like a wave. what do i do?

no one? I am with dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back