Just starting (beginner cpu oc?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

schizoid77

Hey hey hey,

I've been reading alot of info on overclocking your cpu, I've downloaded guides upon guides on it. I have a copy of my mobo manual (MSI 6507E) and all that jazz...I have taken my HP system and relocated it to a mid size Raidmax case (I forget the model but it's badass) I've installed a new Thermaltake CPU heatsink and fan and used Arctic Silver 5, I have mad fans, and my cpu idle is around 16C.
Ok, so I think I am ready to step it up. but how?
My motherboard manual shows a completely different cmos/bios screen, and most of the functions aren't listed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Do I have to clear cmos or something?

I am a kindergartner when it comes to this part. please go easy on me, I really wanna learn how to do this, and do it right....
I'm not looking for serious overclocks here, just a step or 2 to get my feet wet....

Thanks

specs in profile

System manufacturers clock lock their motherboards so they cant be over clocked, some cant even be upgraded with a new CPU because the FSB and multiplier wont change. Did the MSI board come with the HP system? If so that why you're missing alot of the settings. Some low end board dont have those setting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back