JVC announces 4K HDR DLP projector priced at $2,499

Shawn Knight

Staff member

JVC’s 4K D-ILA projectors (short for Direct-Drive Image Light Amplification) have been around for a while now but they aren’t exactly what most people would consider affordable. A quick check of JVC’s website, for example, reveals that the cheapest offering will run you $3,999.95.

If that’s a bit more than you’re looking to spend, perhaps the company’s latest offering will be a bit easier to swallow?

The LX-UH1 is a 4K HDR DLP projector that boasts a compact design and a wide range of horizontal and vertical lens-shifting angles to accommodate most installs (±60 percent vertical lens shift and ±23 percent horizontal lens shift). There’s also a 1.6x zoom lens to further assist with setup.

As CEPro points out, the beamer utilizes the newly-developed TRP DMD (digital micromirror device) technology and offers HDR10 and Hybrid Log Gamma support, a dynamic contrast ratio of 100,000:1 and 2,000 lumens of brightness.

The new 0.47-inch TRP DMD is a 4K UHD DLP chipset that throws crisp 4K (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) video. Ab RGBRGB color wheel is also present and according to JVC, the LX-UH1 supports 100 percent of the Rec.709 color space (BT.2020 compatible).

The projector is also said to offer two HDMI inputs, one of which “features the full speed/full spec HDMI/HDCP2.2 standard and capable of handling data transfer rates up to 18Gbps.” Other goodies include an RS232C interface and a 12-volt screen trigger output.

Pricing is reportedly set at $2,499.

Permalink to story.

Hmmmmm .... have we seen any of these that are using an LED light source? Just curious since they have some VERY bright one's for automobiles and I would have thought that would have been a major trend for the projection systems ......

Hmmmmm .... have we seen any of these that are using an LED light source? Just curious since they have some VERY bright one's for automobiles and I would have thought that would have been a major trend for the projection systems ......
Don't quote me on this, but it is my understanding that many projectors don't have the proper cooling for the LED lamps required. There is significant deminishing returns as far as thermals go the brighter you go.

Well kidz, I used to sell hi-fi, and every piece of JVC I bought either broke, or was pure garbage which didn't make spec.

Some people swear by it, I couldn't find a piece which I couldn't wait to get rid of..

Back