K, weird temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenharvester

hi,
My system is running on an Intel Celeron 346 3.07ghz (overclocked@3.105ghz), and it has some weird temps- I'll start it and it would run @ roughly 20-25 degrees celsius, then about an hour later it would go up to around 38-then it would drop to around 28, then just go up and down. Load tempuratures aren't much different, only about 2 degrees more, and in the task manager/CPU usage there are little wave-kind of things. I really dont get this-there again this is my first build... (sorry for the not-very-easy-to-read text...)

If it helps, these are my main specs:

P4m900m2-L
Geforce 8400GS PCI-E
30gb Hard drive (sata)-model unknown
370w Trust PW-5150 PSU
Celeron 346 3.07ghz (oc'd to 3.105ghz)
1gb DDR2 PC2-5300 Kingston ValueRAM
Startech LGA775 Cooler (http://www.startech.com/Product/ItemDetail.aspx?productid=FAN775&c=US)
Startech thermal paste
Windows XP Home edition
I'd greatly appreciate help, thanks.

I take it you have a prescott, so they run hot anyways. But maybe your heatsink is coming lose, your sensor is going dead, the cpu fan is dying, diffrent loads. You could also put some good thermal grease on their.

I don't think any of those temps are anything to worry about. Probably just different tasking loads. At least it's not soaring to 80 like some poor folks who write in.

Any way for it to run cooler?

Can anyone recommend any hs+f's/thermal paste/case fans to me that would make it cooler? Thanks (I'm looking for something pretty quiet, under 22dba if possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back