160 Gig 7200 Hd
40 Gig 7200 Hd
Sony Dvdr+rw Burner
Some Sort Of Floppy Ive Never Used
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case
19" Viewsonic Crt
Logitech Bluetooth Mouse And Kb
1 Stick Of No Name 512 Pc3200 Ram

I Just Bought Another Stick Of Kingston 512ddr 400 Ram And Installed. System Sees New Memory And Everest Software Says That Im Running @ 200mhz. Best I Can Tell With 2 Sticks Of 512 I Should Be @ 400 Mhz.
I Was Running @ 200 Before Adding Kingston Also. Anyone Have Any Words Of Wisdom?
Regnad

You can only run as fast as the slowest RAM chip or as fast as your mobo can handle, either your other RAM is slower then you think or your mobo doesn't support anything higher. Idk to much about AMD but that's how it works w/ intel.

800 mhz fronteide bus. owners manual says with 2 512 sticks in first two slots will be 400 mhz. i have not tryed removing old stick yet.
regnad

in case anyone else would like to reply, i just removed the "old" stick of 512. only kingston 512 is installed any rebooted. still @ 200 mhz. dont know what to do.

oh yes, the old stick of ram is TMTc brand.
part # rdlc3208-50ab
512mb ddr400 cl2.5 for desktop

PC3200 Ram runs @ 200mhz but its DDR nature makes it as effective as if it were running @ 400mhz. There's nothing wrong with your Ram. If in the Everest memory performance tests you are close to 3.2Gb/s, then everything is alright.

thanks, this makes me feel much better. everest reports read spead @ 2933 mb/s. its write speed is 1172 mb/s. and latency @ 64 ns.
does all this sound "good"?
thanks, regnad

Well Everest shows you results amongst other systems & if your scores show up around systems with the same theorical performance, then yes, it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back