Kaaza Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - does anyone know anything about KaazaLite? I know Kaaza is risky, and is subject to many problems; I've heard, however, that Kaaza Lite is "safe."

Is this true?

Thanks for any advice -

Lex

If by safe you mean devoid of spyware, then I would say probably. Careful what you dl with it however. DC++ is better.

From what I've heard.. Kazaa lite is free of spyware. However, last I heard it wasn't officially downloadable, so you'd get it from a third source.. which THAT is always subject to inserting their own viruses and all.

Really, the best thing to do is avoid file sharing all together.. Techspot doesn't officially support illegal file transfers yada yada, but why risk the trouble these days? Know your source!

btw- Welcome to Techspot!

Thanks!

I'm not interested in downloading anything, only listening to songs I like - is that ok? (I think they call it "streamlining" or something.) Does that involve file sharing or illegal stuff?

Sorry so ignorant!

And, thanks again!

Love - Lex

Actually - if your getting it from Kazaa - yes it involves "illegal" stuff. What you might want to do is use some other program like Windows Media Player or Winamp or iTunes to listen to the radio - that's called streaming audio. You can also do this with RealPlayer, but I highly recommend you do NOT install this on your machine.

To clarify.. it is illegal unless you actually own a legitimate copy of the music on CD (that you bought or was given to you.)

If you actually own an original copy, you are allowed by law to shift the music to whatever media/format you like. But you are still not allowed to share that music over kazaa.

In terms of internet radio, I recommend www.live365.com. Pretty good selection in most genres, but you have to listen through stations before you find one you like. And some can be lame.

One other option for tunes over the net is if you are an aol member. AOL offers AOL Radio on it's toolbar. There is a wide variety of stations and genres including top of the charts stations for each genre...but I think it is only available to aol members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back