KDE 3.0 Desktop Trash Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elcarion

Overall KDE3.0 is running very well except for a couple of desktop icons; namely, Trash and <user's> Home. When I click on Trash, I get the following error: The desktop entry of type X-nautilus-trash is unknown. I get a similar error regarding "X-nautilus-home" when I click on my Home Directory icon on the desktop. Any ideas? I am running nautilus-1.0.6-ximian.4. This was installed by Ximian Gnome prior to KDE 3.0.

Are you using Nautilus to draw your desktop? Try disabling that. Also, from KDE preferences, disable desktop icons & enable them again. Maybe it helps.

I just fixed this problem. Here is what I did. I noticed that /home/<user>/Desktop was a link to /home/<user>/.gnome-desktop. The links for Home and Trash were coming from my previous config for Gnome.
I created a .Desktop directory and copied the files from Desktop to this directory. Then I deleted the Desktop link and copied .Desktop to Desktop. This gave me a separate Desktop directory for KDE than for Gnome. Then I created a brand new user and logged in with KDE for the first time. This created good links for Trash and Home for that user under KDE. I then copied the files from that user's /Desktop directory to mine and it both icons now work under KDE (and Gnome.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back