Keep on getting random blackscreen =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I found out the problem with my old computer, the issue was the motherboard basicially caused the screen freezing and such. So I got a new amd chip 949 socket 3500+ and Asrock mobo with a new video card 6600 fx.
While i was playing World of warcraft or Dota, it random blacks out, my system will still be running but it will just freeze and ill get a black screen. Then I got this 8 beep thingy on my mobo, check it up and it was the video card so I swap it with my Ati, I played WW3 for serveral days it was fine. But after that I played World of warcraft and 2 mins in the game I'd get a black screen and it would black out. Now my friend said it might be the PSU, i had a 450 watt and swaped it with my friend 350 and it still blacks out. Is it possible the 350 isnt supplying enough power to run the game? so the video card is relying on getting power from the mobo so it crash? help please.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Unless the psu you`re using is of good quality, it may well be the problem. Check to see how many amps it puts out on the 12volt rail. This info will be on the label on the psu.

Take a look at this psu wattage calculator. Add a further 30% to whatever figure it gives as headroom.

Then go and read this excellent article on psu`s.

Good brands are Antec/Fortron/Enermax etc.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thats all I could narrow it down too the PSU, reason its really weird the same issue is occuring since i pretty much changed everything. Black screen is sorta of the same deal as the screen freezing switching both items Proccessor Chipset and video card and it occurs it has to be the issue but im just wondering if the PSU out put, cause a effect on the blackscreens

Like playing WOW or games that Require alot of video card usuage for high end graphics, does it use alot of PSU power? if it does, since the video card is connected to the mobo then all the power is drawn from the mobo right? so if the mobo cant handle the power due to the voltage of the video card is asking for. Does that always cause a black screen?

All I can tell you is an underpowered psu can cause all kinds of problems.

Look on the psu label and see how many amps it puts out on the 12volt rail.

For your system, I would think you`d need at least 20amps if not more.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back