Keeping the ATI Radeon AIW 8500DV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to upgrade a desktop system I had constructed several years ago. I had chosen the ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 8500DV because it was one of the few graphics cards to offer a complete integrated video capture solution, including analog (TV) video and sound inputs & outputs, as well as an IEEE-1394 firewire input. Back then, putting a firewire port on the AGP bus was innovative, but unfortunately resulted in compatibility issues with a number of commercially available motherboards (which is the reason ATI published a list of tested motherboards in the product FAQ, as well as a jumper to defeat the firewire functionality). As this particular graphics card has suited me well (I do a lot of camcorder-to-PC transfers and don't do much gaming), I would like to continue to keep it in service. To assist with my decision as to which components to upgrade to: Has anyone attempted to install the AIW 8500DV in a relatively modern system? Do all video capture functions work properly? What are the make and model of the motherboard, CPU & sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back