Keyboard is locked out - unlock the key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I have my problem.
This threads title message appears during boot up. There is also "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded", because I cleared bios. If I don't plug in the keyboard, "keyboard error or no keyboard present" message appers too. I predict this is not keyboard issued problem neither cmos. Once has computer booted properly, so I was able to configure bios settings, but I did not connect hd preventing multiple starting and stopping. I did reset to computer twice or three time checking if everything is ok (there obviously "disk boot failure ..." message showed up at the end of bios bootup proces). Then I turned off computer, connected hd ide cable and power and started it again. Titled message was written out again. I am confused, because I'm sure I don't have keylock switch. There is a keylock conector, but it is disconnected.
Problem had already appeared few years ago.
Please help solving this problem. Any suggestion would be good. Thank You.

Checksum error is generally an indication that the CMOS battery is flat. It's the thumbnail sized watch-type battery on the motherboard. As far as your keyboard is concerned, what your problem is likely to be is a key is stuck on your keyboard and it's simply the fact that startup has got further that it's telling you this. Please try another keyboard before worrying about more expensive devices. I know it seems simple and mundane, but it's always a good idea to start troubleshooting from the bottom up.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back