Keyboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of nowhere, my computer has been having trouble with the keyboard. If I type in the letter i, it automatically types "ip", same thing happens when I type in p, it automatpically types "pi". Ive tried restarting and resetting the settings but those havent worked. And I have a laptop so the keyboards inside the computer meaning, I just cant buy a new one. Anyone know what I can do to reset my keyboard?

this could be caused by software. assuming you didn't change any windows accessibility settings or anything, i'd suspect a virus or malware.

I would agree with Zephead, It's either a virus or windows is messing with the keyboard, Try finding Driver updates for the keyboard from the manufacture's website and post in the Security part of this forum about this problem so you can get help to see if it's a virus or not

Hope I helped :D

you can purchase an inexpensive external USB or PS/2 keyboard...

have you checked its not an auto complete feature you've accidentally turned on?

jhaller2 said:
If I type in the letter i, it automatically types "ip", same thing happens when I type in p, it automatpically types "pi". And I have a laptop so the keyboards inside the computer meaning, I just cant buy a new one. Anyone know what I can do to reset my keyboard?

Just a stab in the dark...but. This wouldnt happen to be a Toshiba Satellite laptop would it?

yes, toshibas often prove to be problematic.
TimeParadoX's said:
Custom built desktops own laptops any day
true, but can the two really be compared? ideally, a person only has a laptop because they need a portable system they can bring to work, school, etc.

I agree, Toshiba laptops are prone to odd problems. Nothing was spilled on the keyboard, was it? One should never eat or drink over a keyboard... Laptop or desktop

Tmagic650 said:
I agree, Toshiba laptops are prone to odd problems. Nothing was spilled on the keyboard, was it? One should never eat or drink over a keyboard... Laptop or desktop

Well the original poster never said what brand it was he was having a problem with. I was just guessing about it being Tosiba because the problem sounded familiar....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back