Keyboard volume controls cause loss of sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellyhead

I have just installed Pinnacle PCTV on a Windows XP SP2 pc. All is working fine EXCEPT when I use the volume controls on the keyboard I lose all sound and have to re-boot to get any sound back at all. It's fine if I turn the volume up and/or down from the speaker controls or even using the remote control that came with PCTV.

Could this be a software conflict between PCTV and my Microsoft wireless keyboard and/or between the keyboard and the remote control? If so, what do I need to do to fix it. If not, what else could it be?

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Same problem on my HP

jellyhead said:
I have just installed Pinnacle PCTV on a Windows XP SP2 pc. All is working fine EXCEPT when I use the volume controls on the keyboard I lose all sound and have to re-boot to get any sound back at all. It's fine if I turn the volume up and/or down from the speaker controls or even using the remote control that came with PCTV.

Could this be a software conflict between PCTV and my Microsoft wireless keyboard and/or between the keyboard and the remote control? If so, what do I need to do to fix it. If not, what else could it be?

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Hey, I have the same problem on my HP desktop. It's weird. Sometimes the volume goes away and then just comes back. The oddity is that if I double click on the windows defacto speaker icon it says no device is installed. I have the media center deluxe wireless keyboard and mouse combo, and never had this problem with my Logitech wireless one. It HAS to be something with either the keyboard program or the audio chipset. What kind of audio card are you using?

PKillur

Uot.gif
http://www.uglyorangetruck.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back