Keyboard vowels & other keys don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba M45-S351 and the following keys do not work-

All F keys except F1
All vowels
lower keys

I tried to run the recovery disk for Windoes XP and I couldn't choose what to do because I can't type 1&2. Now when I reboot, it tries to boot off the disk and says "media failure: check cable". I took the keyboard out, unplugged the cable and put it back and I still can't use the above keys. I updated the driver to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Goofyfan

Thanks, Rik

Thanks for your reply Rik. I need my computer for work and cannot part with it so I hooked up an external keyboard and it works just fine. I was hoping it was something I could fix myself.

Goofyfan

Look for laptop parts on ebay. The keyboard should be easy enough to replace if you have already taken it out and unplugged it and then put it back in.

Yes, Cinders, I have already taken it apart and put it back together. The best directions I got were from www.irisvista.com. Very detailed.
I have been searching for a Toshiba keyboard...not a compatable one. Or maybe I should get a compatable one if it's more reliable than a Toshiba. In the meantime I am using the external keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back