keyboard wont work in winxp

Status
Not open for further replies.

danger55

I'v been having a few issues with my cpu lately. A new hdd and psu are arriving soon so I'm going for a fresh reinstall of everything.

However in the meantime, I can't use the internet basically 'cause my keyboard isn't working. When I boot up, the boards lights stay on as win xp is loading- which is normal, but right about when the black windows intro screen finishes, the keyboard lights go out. Then when I'm in windows, the board is dead.

The board isn't stuffed 'cause it is detected in bios- I can enter bios and move around ok so it's a windows related problem. Also, I tried another keyboard and the same thing happens.

I've had this keyboard working fine for a few years now and haven't has this problem. Also device manager is showing the keyboard as working fine!
Any suggestions......???

Ok, I have now tried a usb keyboard and it's working. Anyone got any ideas why the ps2 isn't?? I only have 2x usb ports so I dont want to have to use one of them for my keyboard.

Cheers

Sorry- I should also add the usb keyboard works, but if I put a usb/ ps2 connector on it and try and plug it into the ps2 slot, it doesn't

So how can I go about troubleshooting the p2s slots? I don't have any other ps2 devices to try

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back