Knoppix

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerabuser30

This is my first delve into the world of alternative operating systems. I was told to get Knoppix to repair Windows pcs. Anyone know anything about how that would work? I am in knoppix now and I am really enjoying it. What an amazing piece of software to run of a cd. Any advice on how to use this is a diagnostic tool would be greatly appreciated.

I am going to be a computer repair technician. I am looking for useful tools to have on me when I am doing house calls and someone said Knoopix. So I have been messing around with it just to see its capabilities.

beerabuser30 said:
This is my first delve into the world of alternative operating systems. I was told to get Knoppix to repair Windows pcs. Anyone know anything about how that would work? I am in knoppix now and I am really enjoying it. What an amazing piece of software to run of a cd. Any advice on how to use this is a diagnostic tool would be greatly appreciated.
As a diagnostic tool, I assume.

Simply by using it to check if hardware works.

Its going to be pretty good with most everything. The exceptions being some proprietary stuff on branded PCs, and hardware released recently. Occationally check to make sure you have the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back