1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Lady Gaga rumored to appear in Cyberpunk 2077

By midian182 · 8 replies
Mar 14, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. From a translation by Redditor Awkward Bowler, French website Actugaming claims sources close to CD Projekt Red’s Warsaw studio say the singer/actress was seen there and did a mocap performance. “Everything else is uncertain, but there's a good chance she's going to be in the game in some capacity,” it reads.

While none of the report is confirmed, this isn’t the first time Gaga has been linked to Cyberpunk 2077. Last September, the game’s Twitter account replied to one of her tweets from 2012. The bizarre interaction could have meant nothing, but it might also have been the first hint of a collaboration.

It would certainly be interesting to see Lady Gaga in the game. Some believe she might play the star singer from the E3 trailer or perhaps a lounge singer from a club who’s part of a side mission. Either way, we could end up hearing her perform some songs, in addition to the voice acting and mo-cap work.

Lady Gaga wouldn’t be the first musician to pop up in a video game: Ariana Grande is a playable character in Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius; Phil Collins appears in Vice City Stories; the Beastie Boys were unlockable characters in NBA Jam; and the Xbox/PlayStation 2 adaption of Fight Club features Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst.

As well as addressing Gaga’s involvement, E3 might be where we finally discover Cyberpunk 2077’s release date.

Image credit: Joe Seer via Shutterstock

Permalink to story.

2. kombu

kombu TS Addict Posts: 57   +114

But will I be able to shoot her?

Apogee777, Nobina and loki1944 like this.
  3. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 4,875   +3,315

That old hag? Where they that dispirit for a former headliner?

Fimbulvetr likes this.
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 4,252   +2,721

In 2077 she will be 91, so she may not be fully authentic in the game.

5. SpatulaCity

SpatulaCity TS Rookie

Please don't include her. I want to play a game, not play a commercial/publicity stunt to push her music or political views.

Apogee777 and Fimbulvetr like this.
  6. Waikano

Waikano TS Rookie

In Extremo was featured in Gothic (2001) it is the first game I'm aware of that used actual band members in the game. It was removed from the US version due to licencing (that's the rumor I heard anyway), but could still be activated with the developer mode that was left in the game. Great stuff.

7. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Guru Posts: 475   +95

Absolutely disgusting.

8. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 2,358   +403

American Horror Story took a nose dive after she stained it...

9. loki1944

loki1944 TS Enthusiast Posts: 80   +42

I'd rather see the main girl from The Fifth Element.

Apogee777 likes this.