Lag on a 2mb connection, and nothing in background

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

recently me and my mate downloaded the "city of heroes" game, the 14 day trial thing, we both went on and my pal started to get some serious lag. And it was definetly lag cause on my end he was running on the spot. But the strange thing is he has a (BT)2.0mb internet connection :suspiciou and ive got a 1mb connection (well jumps from 756 to 900 usually) and i never get any lag on it. which is saying something cause ive been getting a bit of a crappy ping lately but thats another story lol

To test we tried another game, "Gunz" , its a fun game, its online and its requirements are really really low. no special grafix at all. But every server he tried his ping was 999

He has a firewall but he turns it off whenever he plays games. the name of the firewall is McAfee personal firewall if that helps any. His computer stats are as follows

AMD Sempron 2400+
256mb ram (i think it might have something to do with low ram personally)
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
not sure what mobo
probs using onboard connection for net

if you need more info let me know.

p.s. i also thought he com might jus not have the power 2 run it, but he put the grafix down and still laggggggg , incase ne of u thought that might be the prob :knock:

[EDIT] i've got him to give me a report of his com, its attached to this message

Well you always will lag no matter what. It is kind of like traffic. It is not you that is lagging its the server, because of to many people playing.

but it shouldntr lag on everything! NOw every game he tried to play online he lags out, an it didnt do that be4 :suspiciou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back