Laptop Battery dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i need to know if my battery or ac adapter is dead. When i have the battery in my laptop and plug in the ac adapter the charge light goes on for a second then goes away.

and??? :confused:

a little more details would be nice. if the only issue is the light then it's no big deal.

One simple way to check if the AC adapter is ok is the run the PC without the battery. same thing goes for battery.. does it hold a charge? how long will it run without the AC adapter plugged in?

ok heres the deal. My laptop will not even start. When i have the battery in and the ac adapter plugged in the yellow charge light goes on and you can hear the computer about to start up but fails and then the light goes off. Also i can hear a faint humming noise like something has power, there is no display or anyting. Same thing happens when i dont have the battery in except the charge light doesnt go on. But just today i went on the dell website and found that my ac adapter has been recalled, so i placed a order for a new one. I dont know if this will solve my problem?? i guess i also need to know if the adapter was recalled for overheating could it of fried my motherboard too???

your battery isn't holding a charge. Replace it.

It's good to exercise laptop batteries. Don't leave it plugged in AC all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back