Laptop battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babs1

I have a high performance lithium ion battery(replaced old battery) bought in June of this year for my HP laptop that I charged fully and discharged 4 - 5 times as told by the directions. After a little use I stored it for about a month and used my A/C cord for at home use. I installed back into computer and it didn't work at all. I turned off computer, took out battery, disconnected A/C plug, reinstalled battery, plugged A/C cord back in and the battery light stayed on for about 30 seconds than went off. I can send it back to manufacture but I just feel that there is something I might be doing wrong to get it going especially with light coming on. Laptop: HP Pavillion zv5320 Babs1

Thanks Howard, didn't realize there was an edit button!

After a little use I stored it for about a month

If you don't use the battery, it will automatically lose charge and then completely discharge itself. You need to charge it again.

Altheman,
That is what I am trying to do but the light comes on for about 30 seconds and goes right off. Last night I left the battery in with A/C plugged in and thought maybe it would charge but it didn't. I just can't believe that after storing it and than trying to use it would complete destroy the battery. I realize now after reading some articles that it probably lost its charge but I don't understand why it won't recharge. And I don't know what the deal is with the light! Babs1

Maybe it was a bad battery or it got damaged during storage. If you have warrenty on it, you should get it replaced. Otherwise you might be outta luck.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back