Laptop booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I have one ACER TravelMAte 737TVL laptop. One month ago I had to change its battery and after I changed it a weird problem arose. When I try to boot my laptop without the power cable – everything’s all right BUT when I try to boot it with a power cable in – it shuts down after couple of seconds. I think it might be a problem with the BIOS configuration (because I toke out the battery) but I don’t know well the laptops BIOS configuration options.
Have any body had the same problem?

Any ideas how to fix this problem are highly appreciated
Thanks

Can you get into the BIOS during boot up without the power cord and see what the listed options are, or if there is at least a power menu of some sort?

If you wiggle your power cord without the battery in, does it turn off immediately afterward?

Your power jack may need to be resoldered to the board. They break very easily and I've seen many instances of what you are describing be the result of this problem.

Thank you for your response guys!

There is something else that I forgot to mention before. When the power cord is plugged and I am in the BIOS the laptop stays on and doesn’t shut down. So let me make the things clear: There are two situations:
1. Power cord is plugged
a. If I enter in BIOS the laptop stays on
b. If I leave it to continue loading Windows it shuts down
2. Power cord is unplugged: There is no problem

Based on this I guess the cause is not hardware but software and because it is before loading Windows I guess it is something with the BIOS.

Can you plug the power cord in after Windows is booted?

if so I would say it is a Windows Power Management issue, something to with the power profiles, perhaps one of them is corrupt.

booting problem with Acer Travelmate

Hi,
Sorry for bothering you with my technical question almost a year later. But google lead me to TechSpot and the message which you posted here.
I think I have pretty the same booting problem with my Acer Travelmate
and Acer Service isn't able to solve it!
The problem occurs only with the power cable on and it doesn't occur
always.
Acer changed almost everything (mainboard, power cable, BIOS, CPU) but
the problem still exists! Did you fix the problem?
Thanks
Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back