Laptop display

Status
Not open for further replies.

5aq1b

Hi, got bit of a problem on my hands. I have a Toshiba Tecra S1 series laptop and took it apart as i needed to get into one of the parts on the mobo. Now when i start it up, i sometimes get a black screen, as in no power going to the screen, or sometimes it will display. I take out and re-insert the display cable (i think thats what it is, situated slightly left of centre, long-ish rectangular connection!), and sometimes the display will re-appear on bootup. However, after a while the right hand side will go fuzzy/black and the screen freezes. It's done this twice and both times it's happened when i was pressed enter after entering the IP address of my integrated Wireless Card on Norton recovery cd. Don't think that this is the issue BUT it's happened twice on the same stage and both were at different time intervals, hmmmmmmm...

But most likely, i think it's the display cable, but does anyone know better?

You have answered this yourself... Laptop interconnection cables are very fragile and can be damaged easily. It is possible that you also loosened or damaged the socket that the LCD cable fits into. You could try a new LCD cable first

re

How east fo fix myself and where can I purchase one from? Are they specific to each make/model of laptop display?

Ok, tried hooking up external monitor but no display appearing. This now leads me to believe that it may be something to do with the video card or the board?

On some laptops you have to select an external monitor from the keyboard before the external monitor signal is enabled. Did you say that the display image comes and goes? This tells me that an internal connection is intermittant

Ok, i have a toshiba laptop, and am pressing Fn+f5 key to activate external monitor. Yup, the display comes and goes, thats after reboots remember. One boot will have a display, then the next reboot wont. The display will also freeze some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back