Laptop freezes on WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalantyr

Hi,

Firstly, I’m very sorry for this question as I know there’s probably loads of similar problems. Also, I have searched through millions of forums for an answer, but to no avail!

My big problem is that I can run WoW for about 20 minutes but then without warning it will freeze. The cursor and screen are unresponsive and I can’t use ctrl,alt,del or go to windows…I have to switch off and restart.

I play it on a laptop with:
512 RAM
AMD mobile 2500+ 1.8GHz
Mobility Radeon 9600 64Mb

I thought maybe it would be an overheating problem but my laptop isn’t all that hot.
I’ve also configured my firewall and router to allow the WoW ports but that doesn’t help.
I’ve tried the Blizzard auto repair program.

Another strange thing is that I can access the wow-europe website but my web browser won’t load the forums?! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated too.

Any advice or ideas on what to try would be very welcome and I’d be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance.

I am not to sure what the game is, but a laptop is not a very good game machine, for heat issues, as you noted. Just because, the laptop does not feel hot, does not mean that the game isn't causing heat issues with the CPU.

You could try and prop the back of the laptop up on a couple books, to allow better ventilation, and even put a hosehold fan to blow air on it. You may also, remove the battery, if it is insatlled, and just use the AC adapter. You could also buy a laptop fan that is like a tray, with fans, that your laptop sits on (see newegg.com).

Thanks very much for the swift response. I'll try the suggestions and report back if things are o.k. Do you think that reducing graphics options/settings may improve it?

Thanks again

does your graphics card overheat? you should get one of those laptop coolers like the guy above me said, make sure its aluminum and not plastic. get one with 2 fans underneath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back