Laptop Freezing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Toshiba laptop keeps freezing up no matter what. Even if I click "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" nothing happens and I have to press the power button to shut it off and turn back on. Also, a few times the screen will just turn black (but not off- its like a lighter black color) and ill click on the mouse or tap the power button and nothing happens. It's not like its going into hibernation where you just tap a button. And again i would have to shut the computer off and back on through the power button. I scanned for viruses and theres nothing. What is it? The computer is 4 yrs old. It's not the battery because I have good power life and/or its usually plugged in. It's not overheating either.

Welcome to TechSpot. What are you doing when the 'freezing' happens or is it just random? Has the machine been running a long time when this happens? What specific Toshiba laptop are you using? The more information that you provide along these lines will likely help to get you some answers from this group.

Well, the original poster says that it is not an overheating issue, but you may be right...it sure sounds like an overheating problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back