Laptop gets VERY hot when it's plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Toshiba Satellite A75 seems to run very hot when it's plugged in. I notice when I'm running on battery power, this does not happen. The bummer is that the battery doesn't last very long. I wonder if I should get a new battery and a/c adapter. The adapter gets very hot as well. I don't want to spend the money on these things if it's not going to make a bit of difference. Any advice?

Maybe look over your power profiles in BIOS and any Toshiba power management utility in Windows.

The machine may be set to consume very little power on batteries (this is sensible), but run at full speed when plugged in (this is not so sensible). A better idea would be to let the machine do automatic speed adjustment when on AC power.

Nodsu said:
Maybe look over your power profiles in BIOS and any Toshiba power management utility in Windows.

The machine may be set to consume very little power on batteries (this is sensible), but run at full speed when plugged in (this is not so sensible). A better idea would be to let the machine do automatic speed adjustment when on AC power.

That is called SpeedStep Technology that goes to low speed for idle and goes back to half or full speed when busy with any process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back