Laptop graphics cards (sorry if this may repeat a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammy_gee

hi people
i currently have in possesion a Time laptop with a radeon igp 320m (m2mb) graphics card in (i was asked to find what was in it) and i was wondering can you upgrade graphics cards or are they only on board ones? If it can be upgraded they said they will but i told them (sorry this is my antie&uncle im talking about lol) that its probably not likely but im sure there is someone on here who will know a bit more and put my uncles mind at rest
thanks guys and gals

Only some very exclusive (and pretty unportable) laptop models come with replaceable graphics. I'd say 99.99% of laptop models have their graphics controllers hardwired and you have no way to replace them.

I'd second Nodsu on that. The only way u can get a laptop graphic card is by getting a new laptop. Which I doubt u can.

i thought so guys, i just needed a second/third opinion, thanks for replying, just spoke to my uncle and just found out its my little cousins who is trying to play battle for middle earth 2 that wont run on it correctly, thanks for helping out though because i wasnt 100% sure myself :)

i have a laptop myself and asked the same question. if you have agp you can't get a new one. if you have pci express (only the newest laptop have it) then it's possible

hope it helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back