Laptop Help--AMD or Intel??

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

this is the best place i found online with people giving their opinions and advices which a common man can understand.

im not at all a computer person, i mean i have no idea whats inside a pc or whatever so i need YOUR help. im buying a laptop and im confused between taking the one with AMD processor(AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-60 (2.0 GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache ) or the one with Intel processor(Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)? and i occasionally play some games like c.s, call of duty,battle of middle earth etc. but thats not rather an important factor..i basically need it for family and business purposes. fill me in with ur expert opinions. Also please tell me how this one is Processor Type * : AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor

thanks

Spartan.

The Intel T7250 shows 2mb L2 cache which is above and beyond the AMD specs that you sent. The upper end AMD 64 X2 Athlon are very good processors in the 6000+, 6400+ clock range. I would still use an Intel core 2 duo any day. Apple/Mac use core 2 duos more than anything else, they are a good lead to follow as well. For more info; go online and look up reviews between Intel and AMD products. Good Luck.

If it's for mild gaming, get the laptop with the better video card. Both of those CPU would give more or less the same performance as far as general tasking goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back