Laptop keeps crashing...what can it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitmanAngel2k3

Hello,

My laptop started crash recently, BSOD screen and all that...can someone read these minidumps and tell me what could be the cause of the problems?

I have recently installed Norton 360....could it be the cause of it?

Thanks in advance. :)

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    69.1 KB · Views: 5
Is the crash constant, or intermittent?
Two and half year old Dell Inspiron, with A06 BIOS. Latest Bios is A07 so you are pretty much up to date.
The dumps don't tell me anything, but the Inspiron seems to have a hardware problem with either memory failure, cpu fan failure, or hard drive failure.
If everything was ok until you installed the Evil Norton, that could be part of the problem... but I don't see that in the dumps as I reviewed them.
If the problem is intermittent, I would open the case with a can of Dust Off handy, and clean the cpu fan thoroughly.
Then see what happens.

More PC crashing....

Here are latest minidumps...no idea what could cause it this time...I ran diagnostics, everything checked out...:confused: can someone help me out? Thank you very much in advance.

What diagnostics did you run? If not an infestation, it has to be cpu fan, memory, hard drive, or video graphics, or cooling vents plugged. Run MemTest86, then open case and clean dust and hair out.
You may be ready for a reformat and reinstall, so save your data while you still can.

raybay said:
What diagnostics did you run? If not an infestation, it has to be cpu fan, memory, hard drive, or video graphics, or cooling vents plugged. Run MemTest86, then open case and clean dust and hair out.
You may be ready for a reformat and reinstall, so save your data while you still can.

Diagnostics by Dell, stock ones, w/e ones that come up after pressing F12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back