Laptop Keeps shutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bcamus2003@hotm said:
Hello From Montreal

Surfing thru the internet I came across this site and I fiqured it might be a lot of fun and at the same time straigten out some issues. Regards Bryan
I bought an HP laptop a while back and I have some very peculiar problems with it. It is a Vista dv6235 pavilion and actually it is a very impressive machine. The problem goes like this, when I brought it home, I started to work with it, after about two weeks it just went off. When I tried to get it going it would stay on for a few seconds and then go off. Even in safe mode it would not stay on. I brought it back to where I bought it and the guy told me that it needed to be re-formatted and that it was a software problem, he was on about the fact that there was no firewall. But this is impossible. This model comes with so much software it's almost unbeleiveable. And yes it comes with norton. But the guy starts telling me that that the norton was not activated. But the funny thing is the laptop went off just after I finished using norton. There was a language issue going on and in the end I ended up paying $60 for the format job because It was either that or start a war, also HP does not supply the backup discs when you buy a laptop, so you guys out there keep that is mind. They fiqure anybody can fiqure how to make their own discs. So when I got home I fiqured everything would be allright, but after about ten days the same thing happened. Now I,m getting a bit frustrated. So I went back again with my laptop, this time with my brother-in-law because, because he speaks french. Again the salesman insisted its the way it's set up. So he re-formatted it this time for free and also he made back-up discs or else. When I picked up the laptop the next day I started the laptop right up in front of him and completely deleted norton and downloaded the AVG firewall, the exact same thing I've been using for about two years on my other computer without any problems.I brought it home and after about ten days the same thing happened again. So now I' m sitting here wondering what I'm supposed to do now. Fortunately I have a two-year extended warrenty, but this only covers the hardware. Where are the Nexium,s, also the brightness goes up and down. I think the battery is finished but every time I try to test the battery it tells me to put the laptop on AC power. But this thing is possessed because it is plugged in. Now the battery is possibly screwed, and I can't get a reading. Because the laptop is telling me it's working on battery power, but it's not.

I can almost assure you it is not software. If you have had it only two weeks, return it and get another brand.

Replace the battery if you wish.

bcamus2003@hotm
six dv6000 notebooks i've repaired was with the bad soldered videochip. i suspect that this is typical faulty on this model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back