Laptop keybpard letters wont work/only half keyboardw works HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrepairs247

hi, i am pc technician and i have a weird problem

the keys on this latop dont display what the should, so 4rm letters UJN the rest on the right display numbers and wrong letters. I thought to my self hmm must have spilt summit on it, but sthe owner said she didnt. so i have ran a virus scan on her pc, and its totally clean. i then plugged a usb keyboard into the laptop, the keys worked fine on the usb keyboard, AND were fine on the laptop, but as u can imagine things wernt that simple and as i took the usb keyboard out, the laptop went back to GAY mode.

any one else got any suggestions??? am lost

it cant be that tho, beacuse the keys work fine on the LAPTOP when the other usb keyboard is connected, so it cant be an harware issue

Check Num lock

When this has happened to me, sometimes I discovered that the num lock was on, plugging the other keyboard turns the num lock off, unplugging the keyboard turns it back on

U R A Legend

you my friend are a a legend

jsut so you know i dont have laptop with me n she is askin me over phone.simple but effective. thxs for your help m8 much appreciated:D:D:D

a usb keyboard works through the USB port. A laptop keyboard hooks up straight to the motherboard. IF your laptop keyboard is only partially working you have an internal connection issue.

and yes num lock or function lock will also disable certain keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back