Laptop LCD screen has dark spots. Any solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Staff
I sat on my laptop for about 20 minutes (story for another time...).

Now there are dark spots on the screen. Not dead pixels, but darker circular areas the size ranging from a few millimeters wide to a couple of centimeters in diameter.

Apparently, the places that were subjected to the greatest pressure are the darkest. There are some small components inside the LCD that I'm guessing were the focus of the weight... Where these components are, the spots appear.

It is barely noticeable except on solid color backgrounds, but still annoys me.

Just wondering if there's any fix aside from replacing the LCD screen all together? I would at least like to understand why spots subjected to such pressure would turn dark. I'm just a curious person I guess. :)

Just press your finger anywhere on the screen and it will turn darker around that spot.
You obviously warped the outside lid of your laptop. See if you can take the lid and the LCD apart and straighten the lid to relief the LCD-pressure from behind (literally...)

Interesting idea. So perhaps the lid is still applying pressure where it shouldn't.

I will disassemble the LCD and see what it does. Thanks for the idea!

dark spots on lcdscreen

i have a similar problem, except i did not remember sitting on my laptop :) Maye it is caused just by the pressure of the keyboard on the screen. I'll have a look into that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back