Laptop Problem - switching from AC to Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I lost my power lead for my Acer Travelmate 280 laptop and purchased a universal one. Everything worked fine apart from the AC connection to the laptop kept falling out and I had to wiggle it abit to get it connected.

Yesterday I couldn't boot from the battery at all. Without the AC supply nothing happened. With the AC supply it boots up and works, windows even charges the battery as normal. When i disconnect the battery or the power supply the laptop turns off within a few seconds. Even if i boot the laptop without the battery but just with the AC it will not work.

Have i damaged something that switches the power between AC and the battery with my wiggling or is it something else?

Thanks Steve

Would be great if someone could help me with this, has anyone had any problems with laptops switching from AC to battery power? Or does anyone know where the best place to try is?

Thanks Steve

Sounds like you possibly have a bad battery...

It could also be the circuit that switched between the two, although I don't think that would be damaged by wiggling the power cable.

Surely if its a bad battery then when I remove the battery and powerup just with AC it should work?? - But it dosen't even turn on. Also Windows happly charges the battery.

:knock: Arrrrrh!!

Does anyone recommend I take the back off and have a look if a there is a lose connection or am I likely to do damage and better off get a pro to take a look? :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back