Laptop question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

I have just got a Dell laptop with 2.2 Mobile pent, 256dd ram and a Geforce 2 go 32 meg Graphics.

I have installed A game Starship Titanic and It freezes early on in the opening part.

It works fine on my home machine which is lower spec but better graphics.

I have tried to update the driver to 30.82 but all appeared well but I got stuck in a really poor setting and had to uninstall.

The driver is currently 2.9.6.0 10.05.2002 could this be the problem, or are laptop drivers different.??

xp home on both.

Also on all three machines I have been able to download sp1 but eaxh time the instillation has failed.

Sounds like you are using the Windows XP drivers that get installed by the OS. Can you run any opengl applications at all? My video drivers are at 28.35 for my laptop, and I assume we use similar (unified) drivers. The drivers used on desktop video cards do not work properly with the Go versions of NVidia products. Check Dell's site (That's where I got mine) for the video drivers.

LNCPapa

Thanks Arris - the only reason I'm right on this stuff is because I've been so wrong in the past and broken my own stuff first :dead: . I managed to reinstall the desktop detonators over and over on my laptop - only to figure out that it wasn't working for me. I'm good at breaking things early - so when other people get around to it I've figured it out already.

LNCPapa

Yeah I know how you feel LNCPapa... most of anything that I can call knowledge that I possess comes from being one of the first to break something relatively new ;)

Thanks, now to figure out which one is the latest, mine appear to be by date nearly the newest.

Hope its not another issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back