Laptop shuts down a few seconds after power up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please I so seriously need help.
I have a fujitsu siemens amilo pro v2030 laptop & something is seriously wrong.
I boot it up & within seconds it shuts itself down, so I try to reboot it & sometimes it will boot up & load windows & most of the time it will try boot up but the screen wont come on & nothing will happen.
I think its a software problem as on the odd occasion I can use the laptop no probems.

Please someone help

It still switches itself off in safe mode after a while.
Ive tried system restore but the problem is still there.
& when I try pressing f8 or f2 etc before windows loads its crashes on me.
& when ive written this topic my laptop has switched itself off 4 times

check system and application log in the event viewer in administrativs tools for errors and report back

Not all that good with computers im afraid.
Ive got admin tools & in that file i've got componant services, services, data sources, performance, comuter managment & event viewer.
Which 1 do I need to look at?

Event viewer, look for errors in last 24 hours colomn then get the details for those errors

Event ID and source

Ok so im in event viewer and ive got application, system & security.
In appliation there are 378 events in system there are 2335 events & in security there are 620 events.

Is this bad? & what do they all mean?

In security section under type it says failure audit & also says success audit.
In application section under type it says warning & error & also says information.
In system section under type it says information, error & also says warning

Does this help any1?

Ive done loads of virus scans & nothing is found, & also sometimes the laptop switches itself off if I move it or nudge it at all.
& also when I try 2 reboot & you hear the fans kick in but nothing happens I have to take the battery out in & out, try switching it on & still sometimes nothing happens.
If u understand what im trying to say

first I assume a software fault, possibly a driver.
please go to the system log in the event viewer and open some of the last errors that happened and post the error messages here.
the one you already posted sounds more like printer not connected but thats not causing a computer to turn off suddenly.

Ok, here is 1 of the errors from an hour ago
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 28b26d77, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 f72360d1

here's another error from earlier today

The browser was unable to retrieve a list of
servers from the browser master \\MTIDBALLPC01 on the network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{D6388463-713B-46DA-8AC3-0E71A76A171A}. The data is the error code.

& here is an error from last night

The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

In the application log there is a error message of:
Fault bucket 614914756.

& another from yesterday on the application log saying:
Hanging application SpybotSD.exe, version 1.5.1.15, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

there is a few things you can try now.

error code 100000d1 is most likely a driver error. see if you can update as many drivers as you can. do this especially for video card, audio card, chipset and use whql certified drivers.

Fault bucket errors, from what I read they are paging errors. this can happen on very fragmented or damaged harddisk drives. I suggest to defrag the disk drive(s) first.

spybot is usually not a fault for crashes but I would remove this app for a while and see what happens. you can re-install it if everything goes fine. then you will see.

Go to the manufacturer of your computer's website and look for a section that says 'support and downloads' enter the exact info they ask for about which model you have and they will provide links to the downloads you want

and for added hardware go to the vendor sites and download the latest for your model, e.g. video card....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back